Intro to Abstract Painting a workshop at Amelia in Water Valley on December 2nd, from 1pm-3pm, in Water Valley, MS.
Learn the basics of how to paint abstract art with Nashville painter, Meredith C. Bullock. Whether you're a beginner or a pro and want to learn new techniques on how to paint differently, Meredith's workshop provides you with a step by step process of how to create an abstract painting using imagery and inspiration from your day to day lives. You will learn how to confidently:
- use and care for your tools and materials properly
- mix paint to achieve the colors and consistency you desire
- portray a mood and a feeling with the use of color and shape
- transform common objects into abstract forms
- let go of perfection and paint intuitively
- know when a painting is done
- use your sketches and translate them onto canvas
- source inspiration from other artists without copying
Each student will be provided with paper, a pencil, a canvas, paint, brushes and a color mixing guide to participate in the class.
You'll walkaway with away with an easy technique on how to confidently paint abstract art. And you'll take home your very own canvas abstract painting that you created in class (a great christmas gift) and materials to use on your next project!
The class is 2 hours long and will be capped at 15 students. No experience necessary.
To sign up for the class, go here.